HOW TO BOOT YOUR PC
If you are having trouble with your PC or trying to install new operating system, you will have to boot it from a ‘disc or USB flash drive’. Followings are the methods you can use to boot your PC:
On a Windows PC
Remember: Every Windows PC is different but as you get into your system’s boot menu, you should be able to find what you are looking for.
- First, insert bootable CD or USB drive and restart your computer. Wait for the first screen to pop up, which often says “Press F12 to choose Boot Device” on the screen. Press the F12 key.
- The computer will require some times to boot itself. You will see a menu pop up with a list of choices on it. Then highlight you CD or USB drive and press the Enter key.
Note: You can also set your PC to ‘always’ check for the bootable CD or USB drive. Doing so, you PC will be booted automatically once you have inserted one. To do so, you can follow the following instructions:
1. First you need to restart your computer. The screen will then pop up saying ‘Press DEL to enter setup’. But it varies different key with different type of mother-board. And also differentiate in laptop(F2 Key or F12 or Esc Key oreven F9 on some Laptops). Press these keys and the boot strat-up menu appears.
2. You should see a new screen popping up, which is called your BIOS. Here, you set a lot of low-level setting for your PC. Among the various options, there is a setting called ‘Boot Device’ or ‘Boot Order’ and select that option.
3. From the menu that comes up, you need to choose your computer’s disc drive and press Enter key. If you are trying to boot from USB drive, you need to choose USB-HDD. And installation from CD/DVD drive you need to make CD/DVD drive at 1st Priority and Hard-disk Drive at secondary priority.
4. Now you can exit out of your BIOS, while saving your changes. Your PC should reboot and make sure your CD or USB drive is in it. If you want to boot now, then you can do so. Your PC should boot into the CD or USB drive instead of your normal operating system.
5. After this step, you can follow the instructions on-screen in order to install Windows or deal with troubleshoot issues and whatsoever.
Boot PC with WIndows 10