How to protect your PC from viruses?
Some of the tips to protect ones PC against worms and viruses:
1. Use strong security software:
First of all, Mc Afee and Total Protection protect PC against Trojans, Hackers, and Spyware.And its integrated anti-virus, spyware, firewall, anti-spam, anti-phishing, and backup technologies work together to combat advanced multi-faceted attacks.Also, it scans disks, e-mail attachment, file downloaded from the web, and documents generated by word processing and spreadsheet.
2. Use a secured Internet Service Provider: Use the ISP that implements strong anti-spam and anti-phishing procedures.
3. Enable automatic window updates: Update your windows regularly in order to patch your Operating System against known vulnerabilities. A fully patched computer against a firewall is the best defense against Trojan and Spyware installation.
4. Be really careful while opening attachments:
Configure your anti-virus software to automatically scan all e-mail and instant message attachments. Make sure your e-mail program doesn’t automatically open attachments or automatically render graphics, and make sure preview pane is turned off. Also never open unsolicited emails or attachments.
5. Be careful when using P2P file sharing: Trojans hide within file sharing program wanted to be downloaded. Avoid downloading files with the extension .exe, .scr, .bat, .lnk, .vbs, .dll, .bin, and .cmd.
6. Use precautions for your cell phone and Wi-Fi devices: Viruses and Trojans arrive as an email/IM attachment, are downloaded from the Internet, or are uploaded along with other data from a desktop. Cell phone viruses and mobile phishing attacks are in the beginning stages, but will become more common as more people access mobile multimedia services and Internet content directly from their phones.
Mobile Anti-Virus software for selected devices is available for free with some McAfee PC products. Always use a PIN code on your cell phone and never install or download mobile software from a un-trusted source.
7. Beware of spam-based phishing schemes: As well as, don’t click on links in e-mails and IM.
8. Back up your files regularly: so that you can recover photos, music, movies and personal information on your PC.
Ways to protect and remove malware from the computer are:
Install firewall: Firewall is the first step to provide security to the computer. It provides barrier between the computer and any authorized program tying to enter the computer through Internet.
Install Anti Virus program: It is software that protects your PC from any unauthorized code or software that creates threat to your PC. Unauthorized software includes Virus, Key logger, Trojan, etc. It might slow down processing of a computer, delete important files and access personal information. Even if you PC does not contain virus, install antivirus program so as to prevent it from attack of virus.
Install anti-spyware program: Spyware is a program that collects sensitive information without any consent and transports those information to the third party website. Anti-spyware program is wholly dedicated to overcome spyware. It scans all the incoming information and blocking the threat once deleted.
Use complex and secured password: Complex password is difficult for hackers to find. Hackers normally use certain tools to break password in few minutes.
Check on the security settings of the browser: Browsers have various security and privacy settings that you should review and set to the level you desire. Recent browsers give you ability to tell web sites to not track your movements, increasing your privacy and security.