HOW TO MAKE TIBETAN DUMPLING (MOMO)?
DUMPLING, called momos, are native to Tibet and Nepal. They are usually served in a clear soup but they are good on their own.
- 2medium onions, finely chopped
- 1lb finely chopped ( ground beef bison or chicken)
- 2 -5cm minced ginger or 2 -5 cm galangal
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 3minced garlic cloves
- 4cups flour
- oil or vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix the flour with enough cold water to make fairly stiff dough.
- Knead it well and roll small pieces into thin rounds, about 3 and half inches in diameter.
- Mix meat, onion, garlic, soy sauce, ginger and salt together.
- Put a teaspoon of meat mixture in each little pancake and fold over. Pinch, flute or pleat the edges together so the momo looks like a half-moon or is round shaped.
- Lightly coat a bamboo or metal steamer with vegetable spray and arrange momo so they do not touch. Cover and steam over boiling water for l0-15 minutes.