HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES?
Pancakes are one of the easiest recipe to make for your morning breakfast. It requires few ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It is fast, simple and ready to go breakfast.
Here are the ingredients to make Pancake:
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar. You can also use 2 ½ tablespoon honey or molasses
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- First, you need to beat egg until it gets fluffy.
- Then add milk and melted butter. You can substitute butter with melted margarine.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients i.e. flour, sugar (or honey), baking powder and salt to taste. Whisk them all to a smooth batter. You can set aside for 30 minutes to rest or you can start cooking straight away.
- On the other side, set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat. Carefully wipe the pan with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a small amount of batter (approximately ¼ cup) into the pan. You can spread the batter with the help of a spoon.
- Cook your pancake for 1 minute on each side until they turn golden colored.
- After your pancake is ready, you can serve them with lemon wedges or sugar or your favorite filling.
Tips: Once cold, you can layer your pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.
Various ingredients to make pan-cake:
- Blueberry Pancakes: Make the basic pancake and sprinkle with blueberries before flipping.
- Chocolate-Chips Pancakes: Sprinkle the basic pancakes with chocolate chips before flipping.
- Lemon-Strawberry Cakes: Make the basic pancakes with just ½ cup milk. Add 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest with the milk. Top with strawberries and honey.
- Bacon-Apple Pancakes: Just add ¼ cup crumbled bacon and ½ grated apple to the batter while making basic pancakes.
- Blini: Make the basic pancakes with ¾ cup each all-purpose and buckwheat flour. You need to omit the butter. Use tablespoon batter. Serve with sour cream, smoked salmon and chives.