How to make a delicious smoothie?
A vitamin-packed delicious smoothie is an incredible approach to begin the day, or acts as the ideal evening lift me-up. The top tips to make your smoothies delicious is getting your ratios right.
- Begin your smoothie with two mugs full of a liquid base. This can be milk, or a dairy-free alternative such as soya or almond milk, natural or flavored yogurt, fruit juice. Or for a tropical flavored smoothie, low-fat coconut milk or coconut water.
- Before adding the fruit, it is important to add the liquid to your blender as this will prevent the blade from getting damaged.
- Next step is to add three quarters of a mug of your chosen fruit. Banana is a great base flavor for any smoothie, and will give you an exquisite rich surface. Other fruits that function admirably are berries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, grated apple or pear, and melon.
- You may also have to add more fruit or liquid, depending on the type of fruit chosen. Play around until you have a texture you like.
- If needed, you may also add a squeeze of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup and finally add a few ice cubes to the blender to make a thick and frosty smoothie. And your delicious smoothie is ready to taste.
MANGO AND BANANA DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE
- 1 medium mango
- 1 banana
- 500ml orange juice
- 4 ice cubes
- Prepare the mango by cutting it down either side of the flat stone, then peel and cut the flesh into chunks.
- Now, peel the banana and chop it into pieces.
- It’s time to put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Then process the ingredients until it gets smooth and thick.
GET CREATIVE: You can get more creative with your smoothie by adding different flavours to your basic recipe. For example you can add a spoonful of cocoa powder, cinnamon, grated nutmeg or vanilla essence before blending, or give your smoothie some texture with a sprinkle of flaxseeds, toasted chopped nuts or whole oats. It will not only taste great but will keep you more full for longer as well.
Mango and banana smoothie with yogurt.
BANANA, HONEY AND HAZELNUT SMOOTHIE
- 1 peeled, sliced banana
- 250ml soya milk
- 1 tsp honey
- a little grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp chopped hazelnuts to serve
- Blend the banana with soya milk, honey and a little grated nutmeg until smooth.
- Pour into two large glasses and top with the toasted, chopped hazelnuts to serve.