How to make baked Macaroni and Cheese?
Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. It is completely covered in cheese, yummy, simple yet filling. There are many ways to make Macaroni and Cheese.
The ingredients required for baked macaroni and cheese are as follows:
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoons powdered mustard
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- Also need ½ teaspoon paprika
- As well as, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- And ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF or 176ºC.
- Fill a large pot with four to six cups of water and let it simmer. In the simmering water, put a pinch of salt in the water and let boil it. After the water has come to a boil, put in the required amount of pasta until it is 90% cooked.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter. Start adding flour and mustard slowly as you whisk away. Whisk the mixture for about 5 minutes. Do whisk the mixture from time to time to keep away lumps and bumps.
- In the mixture, pour in some milk, spices, bay leaf and onions. After adding these ingredients, let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes. Letting the mixture allows the ingredients to release its flavor into the sauce in turn giving it a beautiful aroma and a yummy taste.
- Pour the egg into the mixture and whisk it.
- Add around ¾ of the cheese into the mixture and save the rest for later. Salt and pepper must be added to taste.
- Fold the cooked macaroni into the mixture.
- Now, pour the macaroni in a casserole dish. Top the macaroni with the remaining cheese. This will give the macaroni an extra cheesy and tasty flavor.
- Bake the macaroni in the oven, for 30 minutes. After 30 minute, let it rest for an additional 5 minutes before it is served.