How to make Baked Chicken Drumsticks?
Get the finger-licking good recipe of Baked Chicken Drumsticks. They are perfect for serving in parties as they are less expensive and easy to make.
Here are the ingredients:
- 4 ½ to 5 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 medium onion (blended)
You can also add 1 to 2 tbsp ‘Jamaica me sweet hot and crazy sauce’ if you want little spicy taste.
- Take a small bowl and stir together: blended onion, mayo, black pepper and salt. You can also use hot sauce if you want.
- Now place the chicken drumsticks into a large mixing bowl. Pour on the marinade (the mixer of seasoning) and toss to coat. Cover the mixer with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours. It is more preferable if you marinate overnight as it can produce supremely tender and flavorful chicken drumsticks. The seasoning helps to penetrate the meat making it perfectly seasoned chicken from the crispy skin to the tender center.
- Now line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. You can also use parchment paper instead of foil. Bake skin-side-up at the temperature of 400˚F for about 45 minutes in the oven. After one side is done, turn the drumsticks over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- To get extra crispy skin, you can turn drumsticks again and broil for extra 3 minutes or broil until the skin becomes browned and crisp.